New Phonak Marvel SlimTip Titanium and SlimTip Silicone
Phonak Marvel: now available with SlimTip Titanium and SlimTip Silicone
We all love the convenience of instant fit – and for many of our clients domes offer comfort, reliability and the appropriate acoustic coupling. But there are situations when custom earpieces are required.
Often the choice of a custom earpiece is due to limitations of the client’s ear canal and its incompatibility with domes.
So we have added two new members to the customer earpiece family: SlimTip Titanium and SlimTip Silicone.
New SlimTip Titanium improves durability and fit rate
This premium solution results from Phonak expertise in manufacturing of customized titanium shells. Made of medical grade titanium it offers all the benefits you know from the Phonak Virto B titanium.
- Stronger than the industry standard acrylic. Titanium is 15x stronger than acrylic. If it’s tough enough to be on the outside of an airplane, it’s strong enough to stand up to the rigors of daily wear.
- Designed to increase the fit rate for smaller ears. An internal study conducted by Phonak has shown a 50% increase in fit rate for very small ears compared to traditional acrylic SlimTips.
- Provides a smaller, secure fit. The strength of titanium allows Phonak to design and print Titanium SlimTips as thin as 0.2mm.
- Hypoallergenic, and comfortable to wear. Titanium shells are custom built for each user to take into account all of their anatomical characteristics. Titanium 3D printers are more precise and can result in a better fitting device.
New SlimTip Silicone improves retention and fit rate
SlimTip Silicone can be made very small, and they are fit with retention for a secure fit.
- Made of industry standard silicone material.
- Offers clients comfort and a secure fit with good retention.
- Improved fit rate. Smaller than its acrylic counterpart and therefore has a better fit rate.