Phonak and Advanced Bionics (a sister company), have combined technology as innovation leaders in the design and functioning of cochlear implant units.
A global leader in developing the most advanced cochlear implant systems in the world, Advanced Bionics use cutting edge technology that restores hearing to those who obtain little benefit from hearing aids.
A cochlear implant is an electronic device that is surgically placed under the skin, behind the ear. The electronic device bypasses the damaged cochlea and sends sounds electronically to the brain. A cochlear implant allows many people with a profound or severe hearing loss to hear better once again. Many who have never heard sound before experience hearing for the very first time.
A cochlear implant does not restore or create normal hearing; instead, it assists in providing useful auditory understanding of the environment and help with speech understanding.
Naida Cochlear Implant
Phonak and Advanced Bionics continue to lead the industry with this innovative technology.
- 70% better speech understanding in noise
- designed to optimize hearing with both ears
- intelligently analyzes and automatically adapts to everyday listening environments
- Automatically reduces wind noise to improve the listening experience in windy conditions
- Improves the listening experience in places that are reverberant such as large assembly halls or places of worship
- Automatically dampens sudden loud sounds , such as slamming doors or clanging dishes to improve comfort
- Batteries are disposable and rechargeable to provide convenient, eco-friendly and cost-effective options
- Wireless streaming to Phonak ComPilot to provide easy access to today’s technology for on-the-go lifestyles